This is an excellent throwing drill to work on your player’s tuck and throwing. Many times, you will see players who leave the front arm out and then they’ll throw without tucking the glove. So what this drill does is work on getting the good glove tuck.
“Tuck and Throw” Throwing Drill
- Start your player out in the T or the scarecrow position
- Make sure they are utilizing the front side of their body.
- Concentrate on throwing through the ball and pulling the glove HARD back towards the body.
- Tucking the glove will add VELOCITY to the pitch.
- Complete 10-15 repetitions
Will you be using this throwing drill with your players? Do you have other great throwing drill tips you would like to share? Coment below! And don’t forget to Join Us on Facebook, where we talk about throwing mechanics and much more!