In today’s video blog post, we are demonstrating the “Chair” Drill, which focuses on pitching mechanics such as finishing over the stride leg, which makes this an excellent drill for isolating the lower half of the body.
“The Chair Drill” for Perfect Pitching Mechanics
Breaking Down the Drill:
- You will need a chair of some type for this drill
- Have your player place his right leg in a chair, and place his left foot strided out. He starts with his hand in his center body.
- With a small separation of hands, the player then goes toward the target.
- What we’re working on is getting the player to feel for himself a finishing over his front side leg.
- Make sure he throws through the ball, finishing over his left stride leg.
Want more great baseball pitching mechanics drills, tips and techniques? Then check out the Baseball Inner Circle! It’s packed full of more great baseball tips, complete with video demonstrations! And don’t forget to Like Us on Facebook!