Works on throwing distance and power
- Place a series of cones about 10 yards apart, continuing for most of the length of the outfield, or however you think is the farthest the players on your team can throw.
- Players will form a line at one end of the cones.
How it Works
- Players will take turns, one at a time, throwing the ball as far as they can.
- Each player gets 3-5 throws
- Throws only count if they land inside the target area – there’s no use in power without accuracy.
- Make sure your players are adequately warmed up before trying this drill. Do some light throwing and full body warmups beforehand.
- To add a little extra competition, you can crown the winner the ‘distance throw’ champ.