This is a great drill that teaches players to pivot when catching the ball throwing for increased accuracy.
- Put one player at every position on the field
- Make sure each player knows the standard number associated with each position
- Use only one ball for this drill
1. In this drill, the coach will be verbally active, yelling out a number with each catch.
2. The pitcher will start off with the ball. When ready, the coach will yell out a number. The pitcher will throw the ball to that position.
3. When that position catches the ball, the coach will yell out a new number for that player to throw to. It is important the coach keep a steady rhythm.
and not on a bounce.
Make It Easier
Do this drill only with infielders.
Make It Harder
Do this drill using all positions.